Ingredients: 100% responsibly made from pine wood.
How to Use Biochar
How Much Do I Need?
|Dimensions:||40 x 48 x 65 in.|
|FSC:||FSC RECYCLED 100%|
We take great care for consistent particle size and low dust! Use biochar to improve your soil health and establish long-term benefits for your plants, flowers, lawns, and fields.
- Improve soil health
- Drought resistance
- Reduces need for chemical fertilizers
- Neutralizes soil pH
- Maximizes crop yield
- Improves seed germination
- Accelerates composting
- And — biochar reduces warming from climate change!
Bulk Biochar – Wakefield Biochar Soil Conditioner – 2 cubic yard Supersack
Suggested Price: $375.00. Our large ‘super sack’ is filled with 2 cubic yards of OMRI-listed Wakefield Biochar. Pricing does not include freight. Volume discounts available for trailer loads (typically 26 super sacks). To inquire, please use the form below or contact:
Questions? Ready to buy?
Compost + Biochar Blend
Suggested Price: $250.00. Super sacks are also available filled with our Compost + Biochar Blend, a purely organic mix of OMRI-listed compost made from wood feedstock, mycorrhizal fungi, and Wakefield Premium Biochar.
Biochar Application Rate
For general application, mix biochar into your soil up to 10% in volume. For example, a 1 cubic foot is perfect for a 8′ x 4′ garden. You can also top-dress your lawn or field with biochar at a rate of 1 cubic foot per 375 sq/ft.
For bulk application, a single acre of land can support up to 24 super sacks of biochar to reach 10% by volume for the top 4″ – 6″. However, with precision application along the seed row of your crop, the top required volume can be reduced to two super sacks (4 cubic yards) of biochar. For this reduced amount apply the biochar along a 6″ to 10″ wide path in the seed row.
More Benefits from using Wakefield Premium Biochar
- SOIL HEALTH — biochar improves the ability of the soil to retain water, nutrients including nitrogen, and allows for a healthier ecosystem for micro-organisms and good bacteria.
- SOIL REMEDIATION — biochar can also filter impure materials from moving through water runoff and into streams, lakes, and other systems that may impact the public water supply. See our article “Soil Remediation,” for more information.
- ODOR FILTERING — biochar can absorb gases including those released from animal manure. So, it can reduce the odor generated by swine and poultry farms. In addition, biochar that has been used for filtration can be returned to the soil full of nitrogen to benefit crop production.
- CARBON SEQUESTRATION — the process that is specifically used to manufacture biochar for soil health is a carbon-negative system. This creates the added benefit of reducing the amount of CO2 that otherwise might have been released into the atmosphere. See our “Carbon Sequestration” article for more information.