Wakefield Compost + Biochar — organic soil conditioner for outdoor and indoor plants, gardens and lawns.
We pre-mixed this rich blend, so you can have a better garden with less work! Improve the health of any soil by adding this blend to your own soil—or, use this instead of soil or potting mix, and plant right in it. Available in cubic foot and gallon bags.
Ingredients: 80% Organic Compost made from wood, 20% Biochar made from wood, and Mycorrhizal Fungi
- HEALTHIER SOIL — Increases microbial activity and helps get the right balance of water and nutrients to roots to support growth and enhance seed germination, with mycorrhizal fungi to strengthen disease resistance
- PERFECT FOR ANY TYPE OF PLANT – Use indoor and outdoor, raised garden beds, trees, shrubs, lawn, golf course — anything that grows!
- OMRI-LISTED, FSC-CERTIFIED, MADE IN USA — Made in the USA with 80% OMRI-Listed compost and 20% FSC-Certified and OMRI-Listed biochar. Made of virgin wood scraps from FSC-Certified forests in the USA.
- USE LESS WATER — Helps soil retain moisture and deliver water to plant roots more efficiently so you can use less water and reduce the work of watering. Great for use in areas prone to erosion and helps improve drought resistance.
- ADD TO YOUR CURRENT ROUTINE — A rich blend of premium compost, biochar and mycorrhizal fungi that helps improve soil health with no adverse effects on any other additives you might already be using
- REDUCES GREENHOUSE GAS EMISSIONS — Biochar prevents carbon dioxide, methane and other harmful gases from entering our atmosphere. Every 1 pound of biochar eliminates 2 pounds of carbon dioxide, helping to slow climate change.
- OTHER ENVIRONMENTAL BENEFITS — Returns carbon to the earth to enhance soil quality for generations; Prevents metals and toxins from leaching into your garden; Even the process of manufacturing biochar is carbon-negative.
- PLANT-BASED and VEGAN
For Best Results
Mix Compost + Biochar with Mycorrhizal Fungi is ready for planting. Use it as a soil replacement or add it to your own soil in a 50/50 blend. For specific applications, see below.
Trees & Shrubs
For new plantings, consider the area the roots will grow and add enough Compost + Biochar with Mycorrhizal Fungi to make up to 50/50 blend of the soil mix in that root zone. For the next 5-7 days, water enough to keep the soil moist.
Lawns (New Seed & Sod)
For new lawns, seeding and sod, mix Compost + Biochar with Mycorrhizal Fungi into the top 2 inches of soil. (About 1 cubic foot bag for every 100 square feet.) Gently rake grass seeds into the soil mixture. For the next 5-7 days, water enough to keep the soil moist.
For lawn repairs or patches:
Aerate the ground first. Spread the Compost + Biochar with Mycorrhizal Fungi over the aerated area and rake thoroughly to mix into the soil. Use 1 cubic foot bag for 8-10 square feet. For the next 5-7 days, water enough to keep the soil moist.